Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gold Potion Bottle

This is the first in my series of potion bottles, created out of a variety of elements.  I use a lot of polymer clay but I've been known to use other substances including egg shells to create the look I'm after.

The base is a clear glass Christmas ornament.   I bought the cork at my local hardware store from the bulk bins.  The hardware store's bulk bins have inspired a number of projects of mine.  I covered the ornament in gold polymer clay by carefully pressing pieces of clay all over the surface and smoothing out the clay as I worked.  This was baked and other clay embellishments were added using liquid polymer clay to bond the baked and fresh pieces:

  • A twisted rope of clay formed into a circle allows it to stand up.  Another was added to the neck of the bottle.
  • A slightly different shade of gold polymer clay was rolled out, coated with cornstarch, stamped with a cornstarch dusted rubber stamp, and placed in the center before baking on the clay.  (Once baked, I was able to rinse off the cornstarch which worked as a mold release.) 
  • I added a silver-backed flat glass marble made using my Faux Gemstone technique. 

1 comment:

  1. The base is clear I like this gold potion bottles good that you shared the information on how you do this. :)


    human pheromones

    ReplyDelete